The Customer Retention Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service and supporting customers through their journey with the organization. They will work to resolve any issues the customer is having and ensure they are satisfied with their experience. The Customer Retention Specialist will also be responsible for identifying at-risk customers and working to prevent churn. This role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Increase customer retention and satisfaction levels.
• Identify at-risk customers and implement strategies to reduce churn.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers.
• Collect customer feedback and use it to improve retention efforts.
• Keep up to date on industry trends and best practices in customer retention.
• Coordinate the collection, analysis, and prioritization of requests for customers service issues.
• Design and implement programs to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
• Conduct customer surveys and analyze data to identify areas of improvement.
• Design and implement loyalty programs.
• Work with other departments to resolve customer issues and prevent churn.
• Monitor customer activity for early warning signs of churn.
• Prepare reports on retention metrics and present findings to senior management.
• Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
• Support and document customer technical questions with/by sales staff, customer service, product, and field support.
• Continuously work with Operations management to develop, improve, document, report, and recommend solutions/improvements to retain customer loyalty.
• Establishes professional and responsive relationships with internal and external customers to ensure total customer satisfaction to grow the business.
• Acts as a liaison between the customer and internal team members to ensure all customer challenges and expectations are communicated, understood, and met throughout the organization.
• Other duties as required in support of the Operations, Sales, Marketing, and the organization.
*Other duties may be assigned*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years direct work experience in sales, marketing, or a related field.
• Direct work experience in customer retention, customer service, or sales capacity.
• Strong familiarity with sales methodologies and best practices.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to solve problems and customer issues creatively.
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Employee should have the ability to read, analyze,
and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
regulations. Employee should have the ability to write contracts, proposals, reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Employee should also have the ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from internal and external customers and the general public.
• High energy and sense of urgency to meet internal and external customer expectations.
• Highly motivated; possess the desire to set and meet high performance standards based on
excellence for the benefit of the customer, the individual, team members, internal and external
customers, and the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy and progress.
• Measure sales performance and churn to identify areas for improvement.
• Technically competent with Microsoft Office products and other software applications.
• Experience utilizing CRM Systems (MS Dynamics, Salesforce, or similar) to their advantage.
• High level of drive for results, pride, and desire to improve in the sales profession and be
successful at retaining customer loyalty and satisfaction.
• Maintains professional appearance and conduct.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in both a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved and, in the field while on survey and installations, with moderate to high physical risks. The noise level in each work environment is low to moderate.
• Overtime may be required in order to meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, meetings, field support, and others.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management, and participation in company and industry events.