Fiber Tech II is responsible for installing and maintaining fiber optic internet services for residential and commercial customers.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install and maintain fiber optic cables and related equipment for residential and commercial customers.
• Test and troubleshoot fiber optic networks to ensure optimal performance.
• Install and splice distribution splitters.
• Splice fiber service drops.
• Follow safety procedures and guidelines during installation and maintenance work.
• Perform emergency restoration of services using test equipment, splicing machines, and excavating equipment.
• Perform site surveys to determine the best installation locations for equipment and buried service wire.
• Use specialized tools to splice fiber optic cables and ensure proper connectivity.
• Perform installation and repair of individual FTTH service.
• Drive revenue by participating in the company sales program.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of fiber optic technologies and equipment, including splicing and testing tools.
• Ability to operate excavating equipment such as mini excavator or small cable plow.
• Ability to use hand and power tools safely and efficiently.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability and willingness to work and drive in various conditions, including inclement weather.
• Overnight travel as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Two years experience in fiber industry.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.Apply Today!