LOCATION: GREEN BAY, WI
PAY: FULL TIME/HOURLY – $22-$26/Hour – Based on Experience
The primary role of the Warehouse Assistant includes the receiving and processing of incoming stock and materials, picking and staging materials, managing and organizing warehouse.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with receiving, unloading, counting and stocking physical inventory in the warehouse and remote yards.
- Inspect items to ensure they’re not damaged or faulty and adjust inventory accordingly.
- Organize warehouse and work areas for orderliness at all times.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, inventory space and work stations neat; sweep and vacuum.
- Open boxes, crates and other containers.
- Ensure materials are processed efficiently.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (Forklift, Telehandler, Skid Steer).
- Pick, Stage, and Label materials for projects.
- Pack and Load materials according to specified guidelines.
- Perform inventory on all materials in the warehouse and remote yards.
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring physical stock is in line with the inventory management system.
- Assist with Purchasing materials as needed.
- Assist with Pickup and Delivery of materials as needed.
- Constantly work to improve current processes.
- Make suggestions for productivity improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- Train and guide new warehouse workers.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school degree or GED or the equivalent education and experience
- Valid driver’s license
- CDL license preferred or the ability to obtain one
- License or certification to operate material handling equipment as needed
- Able to pass drug test/background check
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift
- Physically able to lift up to 75 pounds or more
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with ERP and WMS software
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Highly organized and able to work independently